If you get the opportunity to sit with or hear intelligent women speak, soak up as much as you can. As an avid watcher and listener, I love to pay attention and observe, picking up information, soaking in ideas and the likes. Recently, I had the opportunity to seat with some pretty awesome women at a luxury beauty brunch and one of the talks that stood out for me was one given by Mrs Tewa Onasanya of Exquisite Magazine and it revolved around lifestyle.
I was so inspired that I had to share some of the points I picked up on with you. Some of these things we hear every day but a little reminder doesn’t hurt;
1. It’s not too late to change – Just decide and do it: The only thing that is constant in life is change and every day, you evolve. If you are not happy about certain things in any aspect of your life, it is not too late to change. All you have to do is DECIDE and once you make the decision, take it at your pace, do it one step at a time. One step at a time is better than no step at all. Make sure its changes you feel is right for you and will make you better in everything that you do.
2. Do not make a mountain out of a mole hill: A lot of us tend to dwell on situations longer than we should. If something happens to you in such a way that it upsets, disappoints or makes you feel a certain type of way ALWAYS look at the best case scenario. Take the molehill for what it is, get over it and move on or you’ll create a problem that wasn’t there in the first place.
3. Find what works for you and work that: We are all unique beings with individual gifts/talents; no two people are the same. Identify your gift, harness it and focus on being the best you can be at what you do best. Adele breaks records doing what she does best because she has found out what works for her but that doesn’t mean what worked for her will work for you even if you mirror her steps. So, find what works for you and work that!
4. Reduce your worries: Dalai Lama XIV said “If a problem is fixable, if a situation is such that you can do something about it, then there is no need to worry. If it’s not fixable, then there is no help in worrying. There is no benefit in worrying whatsoever.”Worrying will not change a situation regardless of how much time we spending worrying over situations or circumstances so reduce your worries and focus on what you can control.
5. See things in the positives only: We can’t help what happens to us on a daily basis but we can control how we react to it. For every delay, disappointment, accident or loss look for the best thing out of the situation (hard as it is) there is always something positive to see in the situation. Don’t let your thoughts spin out of control, Look at the positives only and keep it moving.
Would you like to add to the points listed above? Please feel free to leave a comment below and share your thoughts.